[3830] CQWW VHF K8MFO SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K8MFO SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 05:27:17 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: EN-90
Operating Time (hrs): 6

    6:  90     45
    2:
-------------------
Total:  90     45  Total Score = 4,050

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

This was a GROANER!    When you don't work any Florida stations, only one in
Texas, and 2 in the ZERO call area, you know that its time to mow the lawn and
do other things.   Except for a short opening into New England and the
Maritimes, there were no openings.     I am a letter manager for the 8th Area
QSL Bureau, and it was easy to do my rough sort while operating the contest.

I don't make things any easier on myself by no longer using SSB in VHF contests
either, but the fun factor is there by running into a lot of CW friends!

Elecraft K3 - T E Systems brick at 300 watts        Ariane Arrays 7 element
beam at 26 feet.      Time to put the dustcover on the antenna until next
summer, I'm afraid.

73

Don K8MFO