[3830] CQWW VHF K1TEO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2teo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF K1TEO SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 06:33:41 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

    6:  316    90
    2:  190    35
-------------------
Total:  506   125  Total Score = 87,000

Club:

Comments:

Like everyone else I was hoping for some 6M action but alas that was not to be.
I had 2 e-skip qso's all of Saturday and then the band was open from about
mid-morning Sunday until just after noon local. It was very spotty except for a
10 minute period just around noon when it opened to 8 and 9 land and 30 stations
were worked in 10 minutes. A few minutes later the band shut down for good.

I was able to put more time into the contest than usual this year. Together
with the lack of 6M condx, that allowed me  to spend more time than usual on
2M. While the 2M QSO total is well below a typical ARRL contest, it's the
highest QSO total I've ever had in a CQWW.

Tnx for the QSO's and to CQ for sponsoring the event.

Jeff K1TEO