[3830] CQWW VHF W0ETT SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ett@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W0ETT SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 20:38:21 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

    6:  108    43
    2:   37    11
-------------------
Total:  145    54  Total Score = 9,828

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Things were pretty slow on Saturday but picked up on Sunday with several Es
openings, saving the contest from being one of the Fall or Winter dulldrums
contest.  Best DX on 6m was W4MW in EM96 in western NC but other areas wkd
included a few W4s, quite a few W7, 8, 9, 0 stations.  Somehow N6JV popped in
for a quick QSO for one of my only CA contacts.

Many thanks to the rovers W3DHJ/R who I caught from at least 6 grids, AB0YM/R
worked in 3 or 4 grids, and KD0BJS/R worked from 1 grid.  Also, nice to work a
bunch of Grand Mesa Contesters in the VHF contest, including: N0KE, N0POH,
K0CL, N0HF, K0FX, K0RI, KE0UI in the contest.  Best 2m DX QSOs were:  N0KQY in
DM98, KL7MH in DN81, and N0KM in DM67.

73 Ken, W0ETT
Rig:  IC756pro3 to 7 el on 6m and IC910 to 17 el on 2m.