[3830] CQWW VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF WA2FGK(K2LNS) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 05:03:59 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: WA2FGK
Operator(s): K2LNS
Station: WA2FGK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN21
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  284    66
    2:  135    50
-------------------
Total:  419   116  Total Score = 64,264

Club:

Comments:

I watched DX Sherlock with amazement.. We are 100 miles inland and saw no
propagation to the west while stations on the east coast were working one after
the other..We never had any prop west on 144 megs while the WNY boys worked many
stations towards Chicago. Wrong Place, Wrong Time. I did get up at 3:30am local
time and had a good run on 144 meg EME.. Fifteen minutes before the end of the
contest, I moved to 50.095 CW and made some CQ's. I get a call from CT1HZE and
we work. Then I worked a few locals and two minutes before the contest ended, I
get a call from CN8KD. My last contact. Moral is never give up. Hope to see
everyone in the UHF contest, 10 gig, and September. Really looking forward to
the 10 gig contest. We now have 16 watts on 5760 and 20 watts on 10 gig with
the 30 inch dish. 73's Herb