[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, b38@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 21:27:21 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - July 24

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

   80:   2      2
   40:  18     10
   20:  33     18
-------------------
Total:  53     30  Total Score = 1,590

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Congrats to K0DXC, N8EA, W0SD & NO3M for 60+ Q's and PB's tonight.  Nice job,
guys!!!

Some hilarious 3830 NSL comments tonight:

K1TN - K3 on LSD
W1UE - SDD (Signal Deficet Disorder)

Major Attaboy goes to W1UJ for his rainy 40m antenna party ordeal.  Talk about
NS(L) Dedication (Addiction?).

Mr. Booga Booga (N3BB) has some real good ears down there to have pulled me out
on 80m.  I think this may have been our first 3 bander ever, Jim - TNX - major
thrill, pal. Let's have another 807 celebration eyeball QSO :^)

I wondered why Tim/K3LR was not as loud as usual and then copied OH as the
mult.  Thought I QLF'd and maybe it was OK but fortunately logged-what-I-heard:
OH {SIGH}.  Still a pretty good signal for the Buddipole, Tim!

Jim/K1TN was a tad louder than normal (Tnx for the rare NJ Mult - check's in
the mail :^)

Same fantasy visions of mabye hitting 60 Q's with the log count at 0240UTC and
then it was downhill as usual.  However, I went hunkered down here in the last
few minutes and FINALLY re-broke the 50 Q barrier again after so long.  40m
mults were way too low tonight.  QSO #53 with Chuck/NO5W started a Nanosecond
before 0300UTC so I'm counting it.

Out-of-sync with N4OGW and so many other NS OT's tonight who didn't make the
log.  Hard to believe no K1GU, W7WHY, K9BGL, etc. Q's.  Even missed N6RO on 80m
again (amazing, but true).

About a half an hour before the NS, I reset all the Confuzer clocks, and then a
few minutes before the checkered flag, noticed I had QLF'd the remote one and
was off by one full minute.  Fixed that real quick!

73 & Tnx for all the Q's, Mults and FUN-FUN-FUN tonight...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
NS Addict and Advocate