[3830] IOTA VA7ST SO12CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA VA7ST SO12CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 09:57:38 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SO12CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:
   40:   42       6
   20:   66      13
   15:
   10:
Total:  108      19       0        0  Total Score = 11,400

Club:

Comments:

SFI = 68   A = 7   K = 1

Less than three hours total this time, due to lightning and high winds for
hours on end as a huge storm system swept over us for almost the entire
contest. Just when I thought it would be safe to hook up again, another cluster
of thunderstorm cells would arrive.

Got on at the start; not much on 40M though did get KH6 and VK. JAs weren't
workable with LP (I went HP once I headed to 20M and realized how rough the
circuits were going to be). Was back on a couple times during the day, but
power kept flicking out -- once, in mid-QSO with K4LTA (computer rebooted so,
K7SS-style, I had to actually grab a pencil and jot down what I could. Talk
about skills. Wish I had memory, too, so I had the right NR received, hi).

Managed a bit of fun late Saturday evening on 40M where signals were very
strong from all over -- PY to W1, W6 to W4 -- but by then it seemed most
stations must have gone to bed as activity was thin. Big pileup on C6 at time.

Sunday dawned with blue skies and now a long heat wave begins.

Looking forward to TARA Grid Dip and NAQP CW next weekend to kick off some
vacation time. BC Hydro powerline noise expert is coming up from Vancouver in
August to take another crack at the noise problem. Fingers crossed.

73 and thanks for the Qs!

-- Bud VA7ST

http://www3.telus.net/va7st