[3830] NCCC Sprint WD0T/P LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint WD0T/P LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:52:04 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - August 1

Call: WD0T/P
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: WD0T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 21 min

  160:
   80:   0      0
   40:   8      7
   20:   5      4
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  13     11  Total Score = 143

Club:

Comments:

Operated Portable from my suburban in an Assembly of God church parking lot in
Aberdeen, SD.. Setup was an IC-706MK2G with NO CW filter, a military copper
screw together 6 ft sectioned vertical on the hitch of my suburban, with NO
radials and an MFJ 300 watt tuner.  Used 3- 6ft sections, looked more like an
inverted L than a vertical, but worked OK.  I was late getting set up, first
contact at 0339Z with N4AF Howie aka Al on 20m. Spent 4 minutes on 20m, then to
40m spend the remaining time there, didn't try 80m, but I found out it actually
will tune even being so short, probably very inefficient.  Signals were good on
20m and even got a run going there, 40m much tougher, lots of noise from the
vertical and I'm sure much less efficient.

THANKS to all for listening hard for me, I am sure the setup was NOT very
efficient, it took me all of 10 minutes to get it going.

I will be on some tomorrow in NAQP CW from here also as WD0T/p, won't be a very
good signal but will hand out SD to whomever can hear me! I will have a HARD
time switching bands with a manual tuner, but will give it a try.

Thanks, God Bless! 73 Todd