[3830] ARRL UHF W9SZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9sz.zack@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF W9SZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 07:03:07 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  222:  14     10
  432:  15     10
  903:   8      8
  1.2:   9      8
  2.3:   6      6
  3.4:   5      5
  5.7:   1      1
  10G:   4      4
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  62     52  Total Score = 19,812

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Arrived at the hilltop I use for contesting in EN50rl during drizzle and set up
the antennas and most of the station while it was raining. Got drenched. I made
two QSO's while it was raining but then sat in the car for 3 hours waiting for
it to stop. Finally got going at 00Z Sunday (7pm Saturday local time). Actually
had to run the heater in the car Saturday night a couple times to keep warm as I
slept!

No major long-haul tropo like last year but I had somewhat of a tropo opening
to Chicago area on Sunday morning. Signals were quite good here all the way up
to Milwaukee and people with multiple bands kept me busy running the bands.
Thanks to W9SNR/R who worked me from 222 thru 10 GHz (except 5760) from three
of his grids and K3SIW, the only band sweep I had. And the other Rovers who
were out.

Wish I could've put in more time. I know I missed some people I could've
worked.

73, Zack W9SZ