[3830] ARRL UHF K9GY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF K9GY Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:04:05 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN61fn
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  222:   8     3
  432:   6     3
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  14     6  Total Score = 252

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Geez I think this is the first time I have entered this contest... Nice to see
the club competition added to it. Good incentive to get on the air! Went
sailboat racing on Saturday...then on Sunday went to breakfast with XYL... so
had a few hours to play radio. Nice to work the local contest crowd. Made my
first FM QSO on 220 (tnx N9AKR)! Only the second time using the Elecraft
transverter (works well with the FT-817).

The antenna workshop at CSVHFS was fun! We built a WA5VJB 6L 432 yagi. Seems to
work ok but I busted my 432 SWR meter taking the equip out to the back porch,
argh! FT-817 meter seemed happy with it. I'm inspired now to build a 220
yagi...

Hoping to do an eight grid limited rover for Sept VHF if I can get coordinated
enough in the next month, hah! (EN51,52,EN61,62 plus EN50,60,EM59,69)

Best of health to all,
Eric K9GY

CQ CONTEST!