[3830] NCCC Sprint K1TN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K1TN LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 20:19:04 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - August 14

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 0,5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  32     11
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  32     11  Total Score = 352

Club:

Comments:

That was pretty cool. Think about this: what a treat it was from a Rube Goldberg
station like mine not to have to change bands.

But, I cleverly made up for that by pressing the ANT switch on my auto tuner to
switch between my trap vertical and the Tree Wire. There was a difference nearly
every time. So, what I need is both diversity reception and transmission, at
least on 20.

I have a photo of me and The Superstation that I think I will put on my call
sign look-up page on qrz.com. Maybe tonight or on the morrow. At the moment,
the ANT switch, keyer paddle, and notepad/log are all on my right; there's
nothing to do with the other hand but hold the aspirin bottle.

I think I would do better on 40 Metros. Only one Q per minute is really
pathetic, even at my age.

I worked a lot of dupes, probably from lack of activity and selective skip.
Would have made a lot fewer Qs if dupes hadn't been allowed. I guess this is
what it was like in the Old Days of the NS. But I still favor no same band
dupes in future multi-event NS.

Most Qs: K7SS and K0EJ with four each; N6ZFO and N5DO with three each.

Multipliers worked (in order): CA, WA, TX, MT, TN, MN, ME, IN, MI, SD, SC.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation!!!