[3830] WAE CW C4I(@5B4AIF) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW C4I(@5B4AIF) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:30:16 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: C4I
Operator(s): LZ2HM,LZ3CQ,5B8AD,5B4AGM
Station: 5B4AIF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: nr.Paphos
Operating Time (hrs): 44

   80:  206        39/156
   40:  539        47/141
   20:  741         46/92
   15:  508         41/82
   10:  418         36/72
-------------------------
Total: 2412  2329     543  Total Score = 2,574,363

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

Run: FT2000 + PA-400W
M-1: FT2000 + PA-400W
M-2: FT1000MKV + PA-400W

Mains: SUN POWER 5panel + 14panels (2KW + 10KW) from SUN& several battery

ICE BPF's MANUAL SWITCH, WinTest v3.25.0/3.27.0 on 3x NOTEBOOKS

(10) 7el ACOM Yagi @20m
(15) 6el ACOM Yagi @20m
(20) 6el ACOM Yagi @20m
(40) GP @2m elevated rad.,XM240(mods W6NL ) @20
(80) Loop 10.5m/31m @3m , INV.V

Thanks to all team members for making the trip to the 5B4AIF station entering
M/S category this year! My BIG Thanks to Norman 5B4AIE who still canâ??t
operate on CW but training activity for future CW contest â?¦we need your help
!!!
Vesco LZ3CQ and me decide to find some other CW operators to help us . Make a
call to Alex 5B8AD and Ben 5B4AGM ,but they have a possible to help us only on
Saturday â?¦.. but more â??earsâ?? is welcome.

Vesco LZ3CQ and me arrived four days before contest to make new antennas and
prepare our contest station C4I for big efforts after few months, but again
â??lazyâ?? metal workers make us nervous they was promise to be there in
Wednesday but they coming in Friday and canâ??t finish a tower for 40m band.
After the worker gone home ,arrived Alex & Ben. We decide to make quickly on GP
for 40m . 1hour and finish SWR 1.1

There are no stacks or additional antennas for a second direction, so the
Rotors got a real workout this weekend!

The work before contest was tired Vesco and I ask him to going to take a rest
before contest start . I try to make a set-up the Net between a Run & Multi
stations â?¦and problems start . No connection between shacks L .Norman and me
tried but luck was gone out this time â?¦ we have receive a very speedily I-net
but was left a connection between shacks â?¦ our two of routers was blow out .
We start to install a new WiFi antennas in 30min before contest start â?¦. Alex
is wake-up ready to start and see our problems After hard work in the night we
fix a Net but was lost a â??jumpâ?? on begin of contest

Condx were pretty good all round, a bit noisy on 80m but with 15 and 10 open
here for quite long periods.

We were working hard for QTCs and finally passed the 2000-QTC-line with a nice
safety margin. But our â??bad luckâ?? was Win-Test we use its for first time
this year
the Net is perfect, but QTC traffic are a big problem L 2 time crash during a
TX of QTC and make a mess in our QTC (we repeat a 31 QTC and left a few QTC)
we really was surprised with this problem , but after contest when we speck
with some other friends they also have a same problem . Will happy for all idea
to solve this for next tour or we need to use Writelog again.

Thanks to all EU stations for taking their time!

Congrats to all M/S competition for turning in a great effort as well and
thanks to DARC for sponsoring the best CW contest of the year!

73, Andy LZ2HM
for the C4I M/S team