[3830] SCC RTTY K4GMH SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SCC RTTY K4GMH SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 05:40:41 -0700
                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

   80:  176   384    55
   40:  248   583    58
   20:  388  1053    60
   15:   29    66    24
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  841  2086   197  Total Score = 410,942

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to the Slovenia Contest Club for sponsoring and doing all the work to put
on the Contest.

Appreciate all the QSOs and learning something about each operator - the year
they were first licensed.

The bands were as expected although 15 m was better than last year according to
my log and comments on my Cabrillo log submission.  Last year was zero QSOs on
15 m for me.  Still the 15 m opening to Europe was short, majority of other 15
m contacts were USA/Canada.

Eighty meters was fun for a end of August contest.  Most of the time 80 is too
noisy to make many European contacts.  This time it was different although I
did not give it much hope.  Had a 4 plus hour down time right at our Sunset due
to storms and a power outage.  When the power was restored, ~0130Z, the storm
had been over for an hour and half.  Fortunately, it quickly moved out of the
area taking most of the static crashes with it.  So, a bit of prime 40 and 80
meter contest time was missed, but was nice to be "fresh meat" when I was able
to return to the Contest:>)

The power outage did knockout one of the SteppIR ant. power supplies.   Had to
swap the good power supply between the two SteppIRs.

This Contest seemed to be a rate contest as looking at the band map spots was
not very informative as to whether the station was a multiplier or not.  Was
able to work all the years between 1950 and 2009 on 20 except for 1951, on 40
missed 1950 and 1951 and on 80 missed 1950, 1951, 1952, 1990 and 2005.  Did
work a 1928 multiplier on 20 m, a club station.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH