[3830] TnQP NO5W SO Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP NO5W SO Fixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:04:23 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:
   80:   18                     5
   40:   71                    43
   20:   13                    12
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  102     0       0      60  Total Score = 18,360

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The above score doesn't include bonus points.

K3, 80/40/20 inverted vees at 25 ft, CQ/X logging program

Wow, that was a great party, probably one of the best TnQPs from where I was
sitting! Great job by the mobiles with good ears and good signals coming into
the Houston area, especially later in the day on 40m.

The mobiles, several of them volunteers from out of state, kept moving making
it into the log with the following number of QSOs: W4NZ(16), W1NN(10),
K4ZGB(9), N4ZZ(9), N5WR(6), NY4N(6), K4TCG(5), W4OQG(5), K4LTA(2), and kept me
in the chair way longer than I had planned -- thanks for the diversion from
other stuff.

And new counties kept making it into the log right up to the very last minute.
With less than ten minutes left and having just made the 100Q mark I thought it
was about time to pull the plug and get back to collecting mobile route info for
the upcoming TxQP. But a final spin of the dial revealed W1NN in WILL, a new
county, with about five minutes to go and a big pileup. I knew I'd eventually
be able to work Hal -- if time didn't run out. K4BAI and I were in a race
against the clock and each other to work W1NN. Finally both of us made it into
W1NN's log with only seconds to spare. A pair of quick 73's and Hal was on his
way back to OH. Thanks Hal for the QSOs and for coming down to play in the
TnQP.

Thanks also to the other mobiles for a lot of fun and great operating. In an
earlier post K4XU invited you to come out to play in the 7QP next May. Heck,
I've got an invitation for you that is closer in both time and space and you
wouldn't even need to change your CQ messages. The Texas QSO Party is September
26-27 and we've still got a lot of available counties in the eastern part of the
state -- the closest ones to TN. Hope to work you in the TxQP!

73/Chuck/NO5W