[3830] TnQP N4Q(N2WN) SO Mobile QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP N4Q(N2WN) SO Mobile QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:26:44 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: N4Q
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N4Q

Class: SO Mobile QRP
QTH: CLAI, UNIO, KNOX & G
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:    3                     3
   40:   45                    14
   20:   11     1               5
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:   59     1       0      22  Total Score = 3,938

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Stayed in Claiborne as long as possible, then drove like a bat out of hell to
the Union/Knox cty line, which is a real trick if you've ever made some of the
hairpin turns along that route hihi. Had lotsa strange looks at the tri-band
Hustler on the back o' da truck and it was whipping around pretty good and had
serious discussions with a few of the many low hanging branches.

Found a spot on my laptop that if pressed the mousepad no longer works, found
this right at the start of the contest, sorry to the first few folks. moved my
fingers and all was well... That was the only problem. The K3 worked well and
the antennas played FB.

KUDOS to the folks at N1MM with the latest version. It is a "rovers" dream,
much easier than all the pre and post contest work required before. There were
a couple minor bugs, which I'm sure will be worked out shortly. It certainly
will make mobiling much more attractive from a logging perspective.

Four counties were activated: CLAI, UNIO, KNOX and GRAI. Would have done more,
but we were touch and go with a family issue. Maybe next year???

Thanks for all the QSOs and fun!

72,
Julius
n4q/m aka n2wn

Elecraft K3
Hustler RM75, 40 and 20 HB trailer hitch mount
N1MM