[3830] NA Sprint CW KA3DRR LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka3drr@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KA3DRR LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:17:35 -0700
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: KA3DRR
Operator(s): KA3DRR
Station: KA3DRR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  10     1.45
   40:  11     1.55
   20:   8      1.0
---------------------
Total:  29     Mults = 13  Total Score = 377

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC 3

Comments:

Calling CQ is a better option when competing against high power (HP) stations
until the later half of an hour. My signal is the least heard when going
signal-to-signal in Sprint during the first three quarters of an hour. However
my strategy changes in the last 10-minutes when HP stations move to the next
band. I can search and pounce with greater success given my 45-watts into
doublet.

I called CQ about 95% of the time with good success given current conditions at
the time. A-index registered four and 20m production was significantly down from
previous years. I focused on a higher frequency range eg. 14050, 7050, or 3545
when calling. Many thanks for pulling out my signal!

Sprint is tough, its format, really pushed my skill set and that is why I like
to operate in this event.

73
Scot, KA3DRR
Condo Contest Station