[3830] WAE SSB VK8PDX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB VK8PDX Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:36:22 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: VK8PDX
Operator(s): VK8PDX
Station: VK8PDX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alice Springs, NT
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:  14     0     27
   20:  16     0     24
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  30     0     51  Total Score = 1,530

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first WAE contest. Propagation to VK on 20m and 40m was very patchy
and when it opened it didnâ??t last long. It was really a matter of being at
the right place at the right time. Conditions on 40m opened at 200am local time
Monday morning for a couple of hours and 20m opened for just an hour at 900pm
local on the Sunday evening. I still had fun and was happy to give a few people
the VK8 multiplier. Iâ??ll definitely be active from VK8 for next yearâ??s
event. Donâ??t forget to turn your beams to this part of the world in 3 weeks
time for the Oceania SSB contest. 73s