[3830] WAE SSB KD4D(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd4d@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB KD4D(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:38:51 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD4D
Operator(s): KD4D,NA3D,K3MM,K3MIM,N3HBX,WX3B,K3RA
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  132         136
   40:  706         147
   20: 1285         114
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 2123  1722   397  Total Score = 1,526,465

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to John Evans, N3HBX, for letting us join him at his great station
in Poolesville, MD!  Everything worked great (except one of the beams in the
20-meter multiplier stack).  We had a wonderful team this time for WAE - which
is one of my favorites.

Propogation was good news/bad news.  40 meters on the Friday European sunrise
opening was EXCELLENT - the best I've heard it in years.  We were working
Europeans hours after their sunrise.  That was the good news.  The bad news is
that 15 meters didn't open at all.

We ended up with about 400 QTC's to send that we couldn't get rid of.  We'll
have to try even harder next year!

Congratulations to K1LZ for a phenominal single operator score in only 30 hours
and to VY2ZM for an unbelievable effort.

Thanks for all the QSO's, QTC's, and band changes!

73,

Mark, KD4D (and the WAE SSB team at N3HBX)!