[3830] SAC CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@abo.fi
Subject: [3830] SAC CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 07:32:43 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

   80:  451    48
   40:  656    59
   20:  706    67
   15:  113    43
   10:   15     9
-------------------
Total: 1941   226  Total Score = 1,035,984

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was my first serious operation after WPX CW this spring and taking it easy
this summer, so it took a little while to get back into the flow of things. SAC
CW is probably my favorite contest behind CQWW CW and it was nice to hear a lot
of activity on the air again. 15m sported some nice openings, and fortunately
Ms. Aurora stayed away, so the contest was mostly enjoyable. I didn't even hit
the anxiety+fatigue wall in the wee hours of the morning like I did last year!

The Scandinavian SOAB HP category was a thriller, so it will be interesting to
see the final results. I'm satisfied with my multiplier, whereas the QSO count
could have been higher, but it's always a tradeoff. Good activity from
Scandinavian stations, and of course thanks to all the non-Scandinavians who
came on the air for this event.

As always, thanks to Jukka OH6LI and Merja for their hospitality and letting me
use their summer cottage and the station! I'm still here due to some travel in
the same geographical direction tomorrow, but should probably go for a nap now
before I fall asleep by my laptop....

73
Kim OH6KZP