[3830] NA Sprint SSB K4BAI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K4BAI HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 12:39:46 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3:11

   80:   74
   40:   53
   20:   16
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: Southeast Sprint Coalition

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  A thunderstorm hit the
area just as the Sprint was starting.  I was QRT for the first 49 minutes
waiting for it to pass safely from the area.  Fortunately, very little wind in
that storm.  By the time I got on the air, the only signals on 20 were from the
west coast, Alaska, and backscatter from W9RE, K9BGL and N1LN (no QSO).  Didn't
hear KH7Y unfortunately.  40M was OK when I went there and I was able to work
as close as VA.  But, it soon went long and no other southeast states were
worked on that band.  For the first 90 minutes or so, the QRN was very bad, but
it diminished toward the end.  West coast signals were pretty good on 80.
Thanks for all the QSOs.  More activity would make the phone Sprint more fun.
Let's try to get up more teams for the February run.  73, John, K4BAI.