[3830] SAC CW LN3Z(@LA3Z) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, la6yea@yahoo.no
Subject: [3830] SAC CW LN3Z(@LA3Z) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 18:30:59 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: LN3Z
Operator(s): LA6YEA LA8HGA
Station: LA3Z

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:  487    43
   40:  450    52
   20:  660    61
   15:  114    30
   10:    7     7
-------------------
Total: 1718   193  Total Score = 784,159

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

Had a great time this weekend, and finally some opening on 15m to Japan and even
manage to work ZL1BYZ on 15m. Great suprise. We managed to follow the other big
guns first day, but we had a drop in rate 3-4 hours before sunrise - wich we
normally have -leaving us behind. I also think OH and SM stations have an
advantage concerning propagation to JA/ASIA on 15m with an earlier sunrise -
and having the opportunity to work longer on those bands than we more to the
west. (We would have the same advantage to NA the other way - but no condx on
15m this way on Saturday from our QTH)

2 operators is to few to make a real maximum effort, but we did our best. I had
to work in between the contest, leaving us with no multiplier station. Staying
awake at work was almost impossible.... 10m didn`t pay off for run station, so
we spoilt some 10 minute periodes there with little respons.

SAC is a lot of fun, but I hope we could change the rules more like Russian
contest putting SAC in one weekend for both cw/ssb and mixed mode. The previous
rules had SAC going for 36 hours, and I would like to see this again. The ssb
contest next weekend match RTTY CQWW same weekend, and we also need to get this
time changed. (Loosing MANY to the rtty contest) But LN3Z will be in there SAC
ssb next weekend...despite RTTY contest. Cu then.

73 LA6YEA