[3830] TxQP KV8Q SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kv8q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP KV8Q SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:17:13 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: KV8Q
Operator(s): KV8Q
Station: KV8Q

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    0     0       0
   80:   21     0       0
   40:   38     0       0
   20:  204     0       0
   15:    0     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  UHF:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  263     0       0  Mults = 155  Total Score = 136,295

Club:

Comments:

Lots of fun with this one.  I was able to operate the entire event.  Heard lots
of EA's on 15 but no TX stations.  Then, I heard F5IN working TX on 15 and
realized that the band was just too long for me here in Ohio.  Twenty was the
place to be for this one producing 80% of my Q's.  40 was full of RTTY
stations.  The gation was proper to TX most of the time; but, the RTTY stations
produced just too much QRM.  80 was full of QRN which made the going very ruff.
Thanks for all of the mobiles that kept the counties coming and the bonus
points:
        NO5W    25 counties             2500 bonus points
        N5NA    22 counties             2000 bonus points
        K5WAF   17 counties             1500 bonus points
        K5YAA   16 counties (19 Q's)    1500 bonus points
        K0RU    11 counties             1000 bonus points
        N5TM    10 counties             1000 bonus points
        WW5X    10 counties (12 Q's)    1000 bonus points
        K5UN    10 counties             1000 bonus points
        KD5JWC  6 counties               500 bonus points
        KG5U    5 counties (7 Q's)       500 bonus points
        KU5B    5 counties               500 bonus points
        N3BB    5 counties               500 bonus points
        N5BE    5 counties               500 bonus points
        K5END   4 counties
        WC5D    4 counties
For a total of 14,000 bonus points.
Rig = Ten Tec Jupiter @ 100 watts