[3830] CQ WW RTTY AL9A SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@mtaonline.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AL9A SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:43:38 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 11:43

   80:   20   39       9       3     4
   40:   77  171      25      18    13
   20:  237  523      45      26    23
   15:    7   19       0       3     3
   10:    0    0       0       0     0
Total:  341  752      79      50    43  Total Score = 129,344

Club:

Comments:

Well, that was certainly fun!  My first RTTY contest ever - what a blast!  Only
played around part time due to family activities and considered this to be a
learning exercise.  Many thanks to Don AA5AU and his excellent web site that
provided many valuable tips on installing the MMTTY plug-in for Writelog and a
great primer on how to operate RTTY in a contest.  As a bonus I got to work Don
after I mustered up my courage and started calling CQ!

Kudos too to the fine folks at microHAM for their excellent microKEYER II
product that made getting on RTTY relatively simple and to Joe W4TV for all his
excellent advice on configuration of both the MMTTY plug-in and Writelog.

Now to start checking all the contest calendars for future RTTY events!  Can't
wait for the next one!