[3830] TxQP N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:02:10 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Henderson
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:   50      0      0
   40:  176     84      0
   20:  103      9      0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  422     93      0  Mults = 128  Total Score = 151,144

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

After my 8th place finish in 2008, I thought I would try to do a little better
this year.  I did do that â?¦ however, conditions were certainly challenging.
Propagation Gods did not come to the party â?¦ and I missed many close counties
cause I could not hear them on 40 due to the skip, and they were not on 80 when
I was on 80.

N5JB, John, as an exampleâ?¦ even on 40 we were not able to hook up this year.
Itâ??s a fairly flat 80 mile path to his Plano location. I could barely hear him
on backscatter signals.  Saturday night on 20 Meters I had a lot of signals that
sounded like Aurora, and we all know that is not likely this time of the cycle.

Running was possible, and I do feel good about my finish this year.  If apples
were apples, this would move me up to 4th place if this was last year. So from
the standpoint of competing against oneself, I did OK.

See you in 2010!