[3830] CQ WW RTTY G6PZ(UT5UDX) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY G6PZ(UT5UDX) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 06:44:22 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: G6PZ
Operator(s): UT5UDX
Station: G6PZ

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: eastertown
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

   80:  516  1139       28       56    14
   40:  953  2347       48       90    31
   20: 1179  3089       55       97    33
   15:  354   868       27       82    25
   10:    8    21        0        5     4
Total: 3010  7464      158     1484   107  Total Score = 4,441,080

Club:

Comments:

Serge arrived from the Ukraine for this one feeling pretty beat after his long
journey. He wanted to catch some sleep before the start but only managed a
couple of hours after some set up issues with the computers.

I have been working hard to get our new 80m 4 square ready for Serge but it was
not to be as the control and phasing units are still in Russia with Vlad RA4LW.
We had planned on Vlad being here to set it to work but at unfortunately at the
last moment a visa issue has delayed his departure.

I decided to hook up one element of the new 4sq for the 80m aerial which worked
very well with strong runs into NA and some good DX too.
Generally tho' 40m and 20m were the money bands with 15 following up behind but
 10m was almost non existant other than the usual batch of South Americans that
we always seem to find no matter what.

The first night was buzzing on 80 and 40m but unfortunately not to be repeated
on the 2nd as the bands just died. Serge decided to get his head down and
attack the bands again after some rest. 20M was not too bad during both days
but 15 was always a struggle although some good DX was worked at times into the
far East but never enough to keep any sort of rate going for long.

To sum up then, generally poor conditions on the higher bands with some
exceptions. The station worked well with a few issues here and there. Always
great to see Serge and maybe learn a little more about RTTY operation from a
great guy and op.

73
Paul G6PZ