[3830] TxQP W0BH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP W0BH Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:31:59 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   21      6
   40:   71    334
   20:   16      1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  108    341      0  Mults = 149  Total Score = 156,894

Club:

Comments:

Score includes 7000 mobile bonus points.

This weekend was the Hesston College Centennial Celebration, so instead of
running as a Texas mobile, I enjoyed the TQP from the "other side" as time
permitted. Up until a few days before the TQP, I was planning to leave out
Saturday morning and arrive in Texas about 6 hours into the event, perhaps
meeting up with Ron, K0RU.  We ended up getting weekend company, so here I
stayed!

40m propagation was great all weekend, and the collection of fixed stations and
mobiles was impressive.  Because of the RTTY contest, many of the CW mobiles
spent little time on 40m but I know they had good runs on 20 because I could
hear the pileups. On SSB, I was able to run stations the entire time and picked
up lots of counties from the SSB mobiles who found me.

Overall, I worked 149 counties. The eastern part of the state map was pretty
much filled in and the panhandle was well covered, so most of my missing
counties came from the west and southwest and from taking time off for college
activities.

I'm now convinced every op in Texas has a mobile because I counted an
astonishing 36 mobiles or rovers in my log. Many of them weren't seriously
working the TQP, but a number of them gave me multiple counties as they
travelled along. Just for fun and as my way of saying thanks, here's the
complete mobile list from my log. Special thanks also to the fixed stations
listed:

15: K5MRA/m (also consistently loudest signal into Kansas award!)
9 : K5NOT/m N5UV/m
8 : K5YAA/m
7 : K0RU/m K5UN/m
6 : NO5W/m
5 : KB6OJE/m KD6HWD/m KE5ZQV/m KU5B/m KY5S/m
4 : K5LOL/m KE5LQ/m KK5LO/m N5ENU/m WB0TEV/m WW5X/m
4 : N5DO N5HW N5JB N5KA NM5G (fixed stations)
3 : K5ASU/m KD5GEN/m KE5PRZ/m KG5U/m N0XMZ/m W5ETJ/m WC5D/m
2 : AD5EW/m KA5GIL/m N0JSN/m N3BB/m W5UOT/m WB5LJO/m
1 : KJ5UY/m KK5W/m N5BE/m W5MCT/m WB9NUL/m

Chuck and the Texas QSO Party Committee did their usual great organizational
job and deserve a big round of applause!  One thing I can say for sure is that
there will NOT be a Centennial celebration next year, so we'll point the van
south once again.

73, Bob, w0bh