[3830] CQ WW RTTY KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr7x1@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KR7X(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:29:18 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KR7X
Operator(s): KR7X
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

   80:  147   173       42       8     9
   40:  384   721       47      38    24
   20:  953  2159       48      88    33
   15:   95   199       21      22    17
   10:    1     1        1       1     1
Total: 1580  3253      159     157    84  Total Score = 1,301,200

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

KR7X - 2009 CQWW RTTY Contest

Fall is here and another installment of the CQWW RTTY contest has been
completed at the Smoke Ranch Contest Station.

As always; a heartfelt thank-you to Brad and Ruth who hosted me yet again for
this madness, they are the best.

This yearâ??s operation was without any major hitches, and I am more
comfortable with SO2R and the station set-up was just about perfect. I have
come to realize that ergonomics are what makes it easier to have significant
"butt in the chair" time. This is what helps to attempt a serious effort in any
48 hour contest.

The conditions were very good and a great improvement over the last couple of
years. 20m and 40m were significantly better than the last several years,
especially in the early afternoon where the DX used to disappear for several
hours from here until the JA's and Pacific would start to show up. 15m was not
so good, 10m sucked and Iâ??ve got to get more serious about 80m!

My goals were to improve from last yearâ??s 1400 Q's and 1,100,000 plus/minus
points. I accomplished this and feel that, on the whole, I did the best I could
given the conditions.

I must close with the observation that it was FUN, and that is what this is all
about. Thanks to all the stations that shared in the festival and to those I
QRMâ??d or couldn't work, sorry.

Brad/Ruth thanks for hosting me yet again.

Ciao and 73
Hank / KR7X