[3830] CQ WW RTTY WA7NPX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, t.r.tate@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY WA7NPX SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 19:28:09 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WA7NPX
Operator(s): WA7NPX
Station: WA7NPX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Northglenn, Colorado
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   64    75       3       4    28
   40:  183   251      20      18    35
   20:  372   720      61      22    37
   15:   17    50       7       6     0
   10:    0     0       0       0     0
Total:  636  1096      91      50   100  Total Score = 264,136

Club:

Comments:

After a hectic work week I only planned to do a casual op. I even began
preparing a new computer only 2 hours before the start of the contest.
Imagine my surprise when I found my normally loud power line noise was
abnormally quite for some reason and the propagation seemed to be wide open to
EU.
I had only planned on making a hundred qâ??s or so but after hitting 100 q's
and having a ball I just kept going. What a fun contest.
Not trusting my equipment I started out only with S&P. Only after realizing
that I could work anyone I heard did I try my first run.
This surprised me as I was only running 400 watts to save the linear.
One item of interest though, there seemed to be very few South American and
Caribbean stations. Not sure if it was propagation or a true lack of stations
but enjoyed all the EU contacts for a change.
Looking forward to next year and will plan accordingly! 73's de WA7NPX
Rig : Yaesu FT-950 & Ameritron AL-811
Antennas : 2 element Qubex Quad at 10 meters and Hustler 6BTV vertical