[3830] PaQP W3WN M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3wn@n3sh.org
Subject: [3830] PaQP W3WN M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 08:31:17 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: W3WN
Operator(s): W3WN, W3LE, N3HKQ
Station: W3WN

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Allgeheny County
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    5
   80:   46    175
   40:   42     71
   20:    2     13
   15:           2
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------------------
Total:   95    261      0        0  Mults = 103  Total Score = 44,187.0

Club:

Comments:

I've been operating in this contest for 35 years, from home, portable, mobile,
rover, my call, club calls... this is my first ever Clean Sweep of all
Counties.  I had a BIG smile on my face all Sunday afternoon!

Thanks to all who operated.  Big thanks to W3WH & K3VX, N3XK & Crew, N3SBF &
KB3GMN, N3ZNI Mobile for all of their assistance and for being there.

Special thanks to W3LE and N3HKQ who came over and helped operate; I couldn't
have done this without them.

General observations:
-- More radials under the Vertical and Inverted "L" always help.  Always.
-- Never be afraid to call for counties you need.  Sometimes they answer!
-- Life (and the contest) are too short to argue with the 75 meter morons who
think they own a frequency year round, and who start in with the catcalls,
carriers, and so forth.  Ignore them if you can, move if you can't.
-- "Yellow, A One Two" is not a valid FCC callsign.
-- Once again, the Oceana DX Contest CW came through for that otherwise elusive
Pacific (HI) multiplier.  I know I can always count on the KH6 guys operating in
that contest!
-- On the same token, special thanks to KP2YL for the US VI mult on 15 phone
Sunday afternoon.  And I know at least one other Pa station worked her!
-- How the heck did I get a sweep and some big guns with a lot more Q's didn't?

-- I really need to rig up a foot switch on the Corsair, and something other
than a hand mike.
-- Laptops are great for logging.  If you need to switch around operating
equipment or operators, just pick it up, move it, and put it back down.  Sure
beats rebooting a computer!
-- W9UK/3 thinks he took Washington County in the CW Only category.  Now if I
can just talk him into submitting a log...
-- Will KA3JWE ever resume updating his software package?  I looked at N1MM and
WB3W, and while they are a lot better for the contest, Don's little software
project still beats them hands down.  I don't look forward to the day when it
becomes functionally obsolete.

Final note:  Anyone planning on being at the WACOM Hamfest on November 1st
who'd like to exchange QSL cards, just let me know and I'll bring them with me!
 (That means YOU KB3LIX!)