[3830] NyQP K8MR SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP K8MR SOMixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:35:42 -0700
                    New York QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:    3      2
   80:   26     10
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:   29     12      0  Mults = 21  Total Score = 1,470

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

It's only two hours to the New York state line, so I had considered driving up
to operate mobile.  However, once I realized the hours, I gave up that idea
pretty quickly. Driving around for 8 hours after dark when 80 meters is likely
your only working band is not my idea of a good time. Little did I know that I
would have had to deal with snow as well!

I had hoped to spend more time than I did, but a one hour job of reorienting a
side mounted yagi at K8AZ turned into a bigger project when we discovered that
the boom to mast plate was seriously cracked. We got it fixed, but after that
and taking my wife out to dinner it was 80 and 160 only time.

Not much evening activity from the NYC area. Was everyone watching the Yankees
instead?

73  -   Jim  K8MR