[3830] CQWW SSB K1RX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpridesti@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1RX SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 17:53:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

  160:   81    11       40
   80:  185    17       68
   40:  371    21       80
   20: 1226    33      118
   15: 1099    28      106
   10:   21     7       10
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Have not done Single Op SSB in years...  (Interesting to do Unassisted after
years of getting info from the packet network - did not miss it)

The 15 M experience brought back memories of old - when we actually had a high
SF number to play with - amazing signals on the band.  By the end of the first
day, I played more the DXer than a contester on that band.  Got plenty of sleep
(not good for point generation but...) and still managed to put up some numbers
for the club effort.  Planned to only get in the Sunday morning EU run but next
thing I noticed, it was mid afternoon.  Time was flying this weekend.

Listened to comp for quite awhile on Sat night then went to bed.  Great scores
are coming for sure after this weekend in Single Op category.

Conditions steadily improved across the bands - Friday night the conditions
were poor on the low bands but got a whole lot better the next night (one call
and be heard on Sat night, where 10 calls to the EU stations and nothing).

Missed 10 M on Sunday but managed to bag a few on Saturday.

REALLY looking forward to the CW weekend!

Thanks for all the DXers around the world for making the effort.  I hope you
had a fun time too!

73, Mark, K1RX