[3830] CQWW SSB N9NC SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9nc@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N9NC SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:54:57 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N9NC
Operator(s): N9NC
Station: N9NC

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   53     9       34
   80:  208    18       73
   40:  124    22       81
   20:  203    25      100
   15:  496    26      114
   10:   28     5        5
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First CQ WW from the USA from my own station, ever.

One radio and all wire antennas:

 inverted L 160, verticals 80/40, 1 Vee beam on eu for 20/15/10, 2el quad 20m @
30'

Lots of room and ideas for improvement at all levels  - this was lots of fun
and a good baseline to work from.

In today's always online, instant gratification, what's new right now world, CQ
WW is just great - it has parts of that which we do crave, but adds the
challenge and intrigue of propagation, sunspots, qrm, competition, etc, and
more important, it connects us in ways that maybe only us participants can
understand (experience);
Its time limited yet timeless, its frame of reference being this contest along
with all the ones before.  Its borderless yet borders matter (mults).  Its
highly competitive yet all players win (something - otherwise they wouldn't be
there to work).
Probably too many sleep deprivation induced musings, but CQ WW is exceptional
or we wouldn't keep doing it.   Something for further study.

See you in CW.