[3830] CQWW SSB VE8EV M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE8EV M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:00:25 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE8EV
Operator(s): VE8EV VE8DW
Station: VE8EV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Inuvik, NT
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:    1     1        1
   80:    5     4        4
   40:   73    17       34
   20:  850    33      106
   15:  130    16       22
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total: 1059    71      167  Total Score = 624,036

Club:

Comments:

With active geopmagnetic conditions predicted for the whole weekend I thought
this was going to be a total washout but the unexpected sunspots compensated
nicely for the electric overcast.  The bands were great for the first 30 hours
followed by 8 hours of zero-rate diode propagation when the K-index spiked
overnight Saturday.  More-or-less normal conditions after that for the rest of
the contest.

Our goals were to get over 1000 Q's and break the VE8 record, both of which we
accomplished. Full write-up http://ve8ev.blogspot.com

73 and see you all in Sweepstakes!

John VE8EV      Wally VE8DW