[3830] CQWW SSB K1BX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hamfam6@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K1BX SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:33:17 -0700

Comments:

160 Inv L @60'
80 Inv Vee @ 65'
40 402-CD @ 50'
20, 15, 10 X7 @ 63' A3 @30' South, A3 @30' NE
500' beverages NE and SSE
IC 765 ProIII, IC-775 100W
N1MM logger

As others have stated, 80 and 160 were poor the first night and much improved
the second. But never as good as last year.

15 and 20 were OK Saturday and much better Sunday. Like last year I could hold
a frequency on the second day. Looks like 15m made the difference in the score
from last year.

Decided to sleep some the first night, last year I didn't and crashed during
the EU run Saturday morning. Duh.

Last year I lost power Saturday night. This year I shut down for a
thunderstorm.

Did not make use of the second radio. I don't have a second rotatable high band
antenna this year. So I missed some of the ten meter openings and 15 to the
Pacific.

Did work several JA's and B1 on 20, heard AH0 and 9M. Was called by VU2PAI on
15 and 4S7NE on 20. Those two are firsts.

Hope the conditions come back around for CW.

One down, three to go.