[3830] CQWW SSB KR1ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kr1st@amsat.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KR1ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:26:04 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Ladson, SC
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   6      3        4
   80:   9      4        4
   40:  12      8       10
   20:  26      9       23
   15:  17      9       14
   10:   6      2        3
------------------------------
Total:  76     35       58  Total Score = 17,391

Club:

Comments:

Ant: 46ft doublet @ 52 feet toward EU (40-20m)
     32ft doublet @ 37 ft N-S (20-10m)
     dual band inverted L for 80 and 160m, apex @ 55ft, 22 radials
PWR: 100 W
Rig: IC-756ProIII

We're still somewhat in shock by the loss of our good friends in the plane
crash on their way to C6. It was nice to operate for a little bit from the
memorial station set up in their honor, N4EE, and share some memories with
friends there. Many thanks to those who organized it (W3VT, et al).

There was a *huge* crowd at the visitation last night (last few hours of the
contest), which was testament to how many lives they touched. This morning my
wife and I went to the funeral of our good friend Ed, K3IXD for a final
goodbye. They will all be missed very much. We wish the family and friends of
Pete, W2GJ, Ed, K3IXD, Randy, K4QO and Dallas W3PP, strength during this
difficult time.

As for the contest, I could only bring myself to operate for a little bit here
and there. No stellar score, but that's ok. Being there was the most important
I think.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com