[3830] CQWW SSB KG1E SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alexjoz2@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KG1E SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:46:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KG1E
Operator(s): KG1E
Station: KG1E

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Mass
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:    2     2        2
   80:  151    15       65
   40:  173    22       81
   20:  408    32      104
   15:  402    26       97
   10:   18     4        4
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to get on for a few contacts to test out a new 80M 1/4 wave vertical and
somehow one contact turned into another, then another until we were caught up in
the excitement of another CQ WW SSB Test.Conditions were quite good from this
location on 40M helping us to work almost 60 countries the first night, all
S&P, with a simple 1/4 wave ground plane. Started out Sat at 1400Z on 15M and
spent 3 hrs there S&P with good results and switched to 20M at 1700Z for 3 more
hrs of S&P then back to 15M for some Caribbean and deep South America and 2200Z
to 20M for more of the same. Tried the new vertical on 80M and at about 0100Z
Sat night Europeans and Caribbean were lined up from 3602 to 3799 mostly on
transceive and were picked off for the best 80M results ever from this station,
all S&P. After some extended time off to recharge, did not get on until 1545Z on
Sunday, but found 15M wide open so decided to try a casual CQ with quite good
results until 1745Z when we decided to try 20M with similar results for another
2 hrs. At about 2200Z there was a great opening to  ASIA with JA, 9M, ZL, JT, DU
 rolling in with big signals. It was good to hear a half dozen or so BY stations
who seemed to be having a lot of fun running the US. All in all, had a great
time, while slowly realizing there is only so much one can do with a 2 el
Tribander...Thanks to all who heard our weak signal. Until next year...