[3830] CQWW SSB ZW5B(PY2EL) SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lucin_ricardo@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ZW5B(PY2EL) SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:31:15 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZW5B
Operator(s): PY2EL
Station: PY5EG

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Curitiba
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2454    34      120
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

I had a great time operating from PY5EG / PP5EG (Mr.Oms´s contest station). He
was operating from 4U1UN (in NY/USA) and he gave me the opportunity to operate
CQWW SSB from Curitiba, South of Brazil.
It´s a huge contest station.
Actually I took the airplane in Sao Paulo just few hours before the contest and
when I got Curitiba I was really tired. But anyways, I´d try to do my best from
there on 15 mts.
Propagation was fantastic the whole saturday. Many Asians station were getting
strong such as 3W1, HS0AC, HS0ZCX, HS0ZCW, HS0ZEE, BV2A and BU2AU. Those
stations I could hear 59+30 all the time !!
For some moment during the saturday afternoon my rate was 7 qso´s per minute
and I was really tired at that time.. so I decided to sleep a little.
On sunday, 15 meters propagation was good, but not as good as saturday, and 3
hours before to finish the contest, the 15 meters propagations decided to
close. I could hear only the strongs stations from JA and NA.
My big surprise of course was saturday listening to 5H3EE and ST2KSS via long
path with huge signal.
By the way... ZW5B contest station has 8 elem x 8 elem Yagi for 15 meters and I
used a ICOM 756PRO III that belongs to PY5KD (Luciano).

Thank you for all that worked ZW5B and honestly I had a very great time on
PY5EG´s farm station. Very wonderful place and amazing support from local hams
in South of Brazil.

My special thanks for PY5EG/PP5EG (Mr.Oms)and his daughter, PY5CA (Maia)and his
wife, PY5KD (Luciano) and his nice family and PY2WC (Waldir).

73 and work ZW5B every contest !!!

from Ricardo Lucin PY2EL (also VA3PWC)