[3830] CQWW SSB E77XZ(DK6XZ) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dk6xz@t-online.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB E77XZ(DK6XZ) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 14:54:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: E77XZ
Operator(s): DK6XZ
Station: E71EZC

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Mt. Smetovi Zenica,
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2873    37      150
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Bosnia and Herzegovina Contest Club

Comments:

CONTEST  : CQ-WW-SSB 2009

CATEGORY : SINGLE-OP 15M HIGH

CALLSIGN : E77XZ

CLUB     : BHCC

NAME     : Suad Zukic, DK6XZ

LOCATION : Mt. Smetovi, near Zenica, 1000 m asl @E71EZC Clubhouse

 Band       QSOs    Points     Multiplier
   21     2873      5715      150 +  37
 TOTAL    2873      5715      150 +  37

SCORE :    1068705
===================

( E7/DK6XZ - 2007: 2626 Qs, 5065 Pts, 139 + 37 )

QSO-Statistics:
EU 1372 ( DL 210 )
AS 674 ( JA 426 )
NA 615 ( W 541 )
SA 86 ( PY 35 )
AF 41 ( ZS 12 )
OC 73 ( VK 27 )

USA 19%; JA 15%; DL 7,3%; UA 7%; EA 5,3%, UA9/0 3,9%, G 3,5%

60 dupes

Highest hour-rate: 206

Comments:

Great contest and great fun. Thank you all for helping us to "improve"
ionospherical conditions, doing a inverse job of the sun ;)

My coming to Bosnia was one day later as planned, due to some profi-QRL.
Friday evening succeeded to check the equipment on 15m and make final
decission to run this band. Supposed band conditions were not extreme
promissing, but after several good reports got from Caribbeans and
US-West-Coast and Mid-West the feeling improved. Encouraging was also the
comparative test of signal strengths having E71A and E73M on the side.
W6CCP, VP2V/KN5H, NP4Z, TI8II, J37K, CP6UA, CX1ATC, ET3AA, A65BN, SU3MB,
A41OD and a few dosen other DX were in the log within few hours.
Especially glad to have heard Matt KC1XX, announcing their revival as M/M
crew. We are all happy that all the antennas, better than ever ( as he
said ), are on the towers. GL!

General goal in this effort was to beat the score of E7/DK6XZ from 2007 -
my very begin of contesting after the Revival. Propagations were hoped
by me to show up similar as in 2007, but who dares to say anything about
at this stand of irregular sun activities ( ? ). The secret desire was to
score over a Million points. The job was sucessfully done...

The band was - compared to 2007 - much better to the east. 150 less US
were in the log, but 250 JA more. Very high number of Oceania stations and
JA´s were extremely strong ( 59 - 59+30 the most of the time ). I don´t
belive to remember something like that. The highlight was Ramon A31KK
calling me with 100W and dipole ( belive to red about that ) - he was
59+20dB strong. 2 x P29 were calling, several QRP-stations, 27 VKs, 30 BYs,
23 YC, 15 HL, 10 DU, 6 BX, 6 HS too ... all pretty strong.

Anyhow, 150 DX entities is a lot. Most appreciated were A3, P2 and VP8
but also many other multies who came on my CQ. Just about the opening to
NA on Sunday, the power supply of my home brew amplifire went down since
PA was replaced with DRAKE L7 ( 800 W ), offering only about half of the
output power. If that was the reason for the failure of anticipated +150 US
or if I was findnig S&P more interesting as slow runs, I don´t know, but no
matter at all. Missing LX and other easy multipliers is not that painful
as the fact that I have been talking to Brian 9J2BO who was chassing DX,
but I was not able to get him in the log for double-multi.

Equipment: Yaesu FT-1000MP, Hail Pro-Set4, HM PA, Drake L7, Hy-Gain TH7DX
@14m, Cushcraft X7 @25m, StackMatch by WX0B, Toshiba Tecra with Centrino.
UCXLog is by far not so comfortable as Win-Test so that I missed the
statistics and other tools and options of WT, as it somehow runs just too
slow on my laptop.

The success and fine scores of Tonno ES5TV@4O3A, DR1A-Team, E71A, E73M and
E7DX-Team make me very happy. Congratulations!

See you in the next one...

73 Suad, E77XZ ( DK6XZ )