[3830] CQWW SSB IU9T(@IT9GSF) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IU9T(@IT9GSF) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:28:38 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IU9T
Operator(s): IT9EQO, IT9ESW, IT9FTP, IT9GSF, IT9MUO, IT9SPB, IT9STG
Station: IT9GSF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Sicily Island
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: "OK CIAO" CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

The wind (70mph) completely broke our 40 meters' yagi the day before the
contest. Hard work with Joe IT9ESW to build that antenna, sigh! During friday
the weather was terrible and we had to put the Beverage antennas on the terrain
over our property. Me (IT9GSF) and Antonello IT9EQO had to work under the strong
rain all day long.
Rain and wind during all the contest time. The rain was so heavy that water (5
cm) appeared under the feet of the main operator!!!
We had to push this water out of the shack for hours.
Few QSOs (and mults) on 40 meters because of the antenna (a temporary half
square up about 5 meters on the gnd).
Good prop on high bands... sorry our 10 meters antenna was on the tower after
12 on saturday.
Big effort of the operators of the new "OK CIAO CONTEST TEAM". We hope to copy
all of you with better conditions from this side in the next contest... maybe
you'll recognize our operators because we will end the QSO with an "OK
CIAO"...after the exchange. Next time the effort will be more serious.
CU in the CW Contest.... I will take part SO2R or M/S if the operators will be
ready again :-).... We enjoyed very much the contest anyway...expecially for
IT9ESW's cooking and GSF sausages (despite we use to eat rice and light
specialties during major contests).
A suggestion: DO NOT USE DRUGS DURING CONTESTS TO AVOID SLEEPING.... USE
GARLIC! NO YLs AROUND....OF COURSE.
We eat some garlic powder during saturday and drink coffee during sunday only.
It works!
73 de IT9GSF, Fabio.