[3830] SS CW ND9E SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@axelrods.org
Subject: [3830] SS CW ND9E SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 17:37:07 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: ND9E
Operator(s): ND9E
Station: ND9E

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: East Peoria IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  359
   40:  306
   20:  225
   15:   18
   10:    0
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was my first real SS effort from the Black Hole.  I've done the SS from the
East Coast, West coast, Alaska, and Hawaii.  But never before from the mid-west.
 Very very different and I still have a lot to learn here.

My SteppIR beam broke five days before the sweepstakes (coax problem, not the
antenna itself) and I couldn't get a bucket truck in time to get up there and
get it fixed before the contest.  So, I wound up running the contest with a set
of verticals and one low G5RV.  The G5RV outperformed my dummy load - as a dummy
load.  So ran the entire contest with the verticals.  Probably about the most
inappropriate antennas for a domestic contest I can imagine.

What fun!