[3830] SS CW NO5W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NO5W Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:36:42 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:  154
   40:  185
   20:  297
   15:   18
   10:    0
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Using the principle of wishful thinking, a few hours before the start I added
15m and 10m wires to the 80-40-20 fan dipole hanging in the pine tree out back
at about 25ft. The 10m wire didn't see any action -- well some noisy electrons
came down the wire but no organized CW signals when I listened up there.
However, the 15m wire paid off with a few Qs and a couple of mults although I'm
sure I could have found those Qs and mults on the other bands. At any rate it
was nice to work some strong signals on 15m.

I met one of my long SS term goals this time by just getting past the 100K
level for the first time. It seemed in doubt with about 30 minutes to go when I
needed about 20Qs but couldn't get anything going on 40. Checking 80 it seemed
full of very strong signals and a good bit of QRN but it was my only hope.
Surprisingly I found a spot and got a decent run going and crossed the 100K
target with about ten minutes to spare.

My other goal of making a sweep is still elusive but this is the closest I've
ever come to it. I missed NL, NT, and ND. NT was heard on Saturday but I wasn't
able to work him. I never heard an NL, or an ND.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs, see you next time,

73/Chuck/NO5W