[3830] SS CW AA4FU(@KA1ARB) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW AA4FU(@KA1ARB) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 22:24:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AA4FU
Operator(s): AA4FU
Station: KA1ARB

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  377
   40:  320
   20:  294
   15:   39
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Rob, KA1ARB, for letting me borrow the antennas and amplifier.  I
would have been hard pressed to get 500 QSOs from my house.  I did use my
Kenwood 570 and it worked ok, but most of my CQing was above 7070 and 14070
kHz.  The stations were just too close for the filters in the 570.

After working over 70 QSOs, with NWT and NNY included, in the first hour I
thought 1000 QSOs and a sweep might be possible.  I guess one out of two isn't
too bad.  Like many I missed NL.  The closest I got was when I switched from 80
to 40 near the end of the contest and I heard VO1MP S&Ping.  I tried calling a
few CQs close by, but no luck.