[3830] SS CW VE6EX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dlazar@telusplanet.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE6EX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:19:04 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE6EX
Operator(s): VE6EX+
Station: VE6EX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Calgary AB
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  218
   40:  177
   20:  790
   15:    2
   10:
------------

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Hi All:
   What a gala event!!! 20 was wall to wall where the jammers and R Chewers
would fear to tread. Lots of key clicks and big shoulders!!!We generally
thought the prop was down from last year but no complaints from this end. Sorry
to all that were tough copy from this end. We did our best and ran till we
dropped!!!A thousand Q's and a Sweep were in the log easily by 7 hrs from the
end of the event but tough skiing from then on as usual. Sure wish we could
find an answer to that problem but doing the graveyard shift is not it (the
answer). WE DID LOTS OF SLOW CODE TOO.!!!!
   A short visit to 15 (cuz' the bandscope looked good) left us running back to
the crowd on 20. One way skip is a terrible thing!!! Lots of one way skip this
weekend even from 51 deg latitude!!!
   This was the first weekend we ran my 3-500 amp to the generally useful max
of ~900w out on the peakreader Bird. The new TH7 may have been up to the mark
of the now SK 2el Delta loops but dreadfully narrower pattern. The rotator sure
got used a lot!!!
   Thanks for the Q's and to ARRL for another great SS weekend. My ears are
still ringing CQ SS. Tu to Mike my trusty trainee who considers this just a new
dimension of V Games......but a monster on the keyboard...
   Cheers, and on to the next one,
   Dan VE6EX..