[3830] SS CW W1UE(@K1TTT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1UE(@K1TTT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:49:28 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    3
   80:  402
   40:  464
   20:  243
   15:   68
   10:    0
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I haven't done SS either mode seriously in over 20years- now I remember why.
Sunday is just a grind; rates are low, no mults to chase, just you and the F1
key.  The only thing that made this a good time was that it was CW.

Last six mults worked (in order): ME, PR, RI, MB, NL, and ND.  Worked at least
2 in every section except NWT (tks VY1EI).  5 minutes after I worked my first
ND station, KE0A poached my run frequency and I let him have it in exchange for
the Q.  Hope it found it productive.

80M was quiet all weekend; many Q stations from the West Coast were worked on
both 80 and 40M.  20M never seemed to play well for me; perhaps the antennas
were too high, and I didn't use just the lower one enough.  It was also seemed
odd to still be working California on 40M at Noon local time.  Still, being a
CW contest, it was loads of fun.  Its still amazing to me how such weak signals
can slice thru the QRM and exchanges so quickly made, when phone wouldn't have a
chance.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs.  Great job by Randy K5ZD in breaking the 1400 Q
barrier from WMA.

Dennis W1UE