[3830] SS CW W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0ua@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W0UA(@K0RF) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 12:10:06 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W0UA
Operator(s): W0UA
Station: K0RF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  190
   40:  874
   20:  392
   15:   11
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Is that a strange band breakdown or what? Perhaps better submitted as a
single-band 40? The late, great Ethel Merman sang it best: "There's nooooo
meters like 40 Meters, like nooo meters at all!"

First time to go single op again in several years.  There's always a
re-learning curve & I only partially mastered it this time. I have this instant
& deeply-rooted instinct to grab for a paddle when I'm called. That was OK in
the 20th Century but not so productive in the 21st. Next time (?) no paddles on
the table. Go fish!  And WAY more 2nd-radio QSO's required. Gotta' have 'em to
chase those tough 5's & Eastern 0's! Seriously, these are superb ops at super
stations & it takes maximum "game" to run with them.

We had lots of broken antennas & rotators at Chuck's resultant from wind
damage.
Chuck, though suffering with back-trouble, produced an Herculean effort to get
it all ready. K0RF is the living embodiment of what radio is all about.
And props to W0UN who dusted off his paddle & gave me a rare CW QSO. I love
these guys! And thanks for QSO's from W6NL, W6RJ, N2AA. It's an honor to have
you folks in my log. And thanks, everyone, for making it a great contest!

Chipster, were you really in Wyoming? Stop down here for a free beer next time,
you honyok!  And N8ET...phone home!

See you all next year (?)

Geo