[3830] JIDX SSB VE6TL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JIDX SSB VE6TL SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:02:26 -0800
                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:
   40:    4     3
   20:  133    38
   15:   22    14
   10:
-------------------
Total:  159    55  Total Score = 8,745

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

Considering last year my score was only 1,200, this was a HUGE improvement -
even though I only did a single band 20m last year.  This year I worked a few
JAs on 40m as I woke up too late to catch what was probably a very good opening
in the early morning hours.  20m opened up to JA around 2PM moutain standard
time (2100Z) and stayed open for about 4 or 5 hours.  During the late afternoon
I even managed to work JAs on 15m.  15m is showing a lot of improvement over the
past few months as it was completely dead at my QTH for well over a year.  So
now I can't wait until next year to see the bands even better.  And it was also
fun to use my new two letter call (former VE6CNU) as I'm sure that contributed
to my higher rate as well.

Jerry
VE6TL

Rig:  FT-1000MP