[3830] WAE RTTY WE4M(N2QT) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY WE4M(N2QT) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:05:36 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: WE4M
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: WE4M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  109   109     0   144
   40:  350   350   240   186
   20:  395   395   660   182
   15:  211   211   235   130
   10:   17    17     0    16
-------------------------------
Total: 1082  1082  1135   658  Total Score = 1,458,786

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With the added strategy of qtcs, this is really a fun contest. (I was left with
543 unset QTCs although I sure tried to send them!).  80/40 were really noisy
the first night hurting my results there compared to last year.  I also managed
to oversleep on Sunday morning, and lost other key time for a meeting. Still
overall I improved by 50% over last year (operating as n2qt/4).  With the time
for QTCs, the second radio did not get as much use as in other contests, but it
was still handy (especially during slow periods where it gave me something to
do).

Some issues with relearning N1MM's handling of QTCs (gotta remember that CTRL
will force save QTCs that have questionable callsigns).  I did end up with a
page of notes on corrections to enter manualy.

Radio FT1000 MKV Field
         Elecraft K3   (external fans on both)
         KT34A at 60 ft,
         3 el Steppir at 48 ft