[3830] WAE RTTY NP3D/W1(@K1TTT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, asnp3d@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY NP3D/W1(@K1TTT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:46:22 -0800
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NP3D/W1
Operator(s): NP3D
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PERU, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 35:45
Radios: SO2R

   80:  187        100    42
   40:  472        520    73
   20:  550        850    83
   15:  184        239    55
   10:    7          0     6
------------------------------
Total: 1400   1   1709   319  Total Score = 2,111,011

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I consider WAEDC RTTY as a Top Five RTTY Contest, (actually, I would say it
stands on the 3rd place-after CW WW RTTY and WPX RTTY).

This year I took Friday off and came to Dave-K1TTT two hours before the
Contest.
(200 miles drive - one way).

Thanks to Dave and his hospitality - to use his Station is a pleasure. Before
the Contest I analyzed my last two years results and also Top Ten scores.
(BTW - two last years the same leaders (outside Europe) like RG9A, , UA9CLB,
ZC4LI and of course K4GMH are on the top.) And their results are growing. This
tells me that despite on bad propagation on last these years, the popularity of
RTTY and amount of participants are growing which a good sign.

Personally, I beat my own last year record and made 1400 Q's for 36 hours-I
never did so many contacts in the Contest.

The best band, I think was 40 meters with 20 meters just behind. 15 meters was
not bad, 80 meters disappointed at this time. I managed to work 7 stations on
10 meters, including AI6O from California, LT0H and few others. Too bad that
most of the operators did not try 10 meters, I think. Being in Massachusetts
and print AI6O or Mexico or Argentina on 10 meters - come on guys, 10 meters
was open in the afternoon.

All in all-I had a real fun as usual, operating from K1TTT location. Could not
beat K4GMH however was close to Mike's last year result, hihi. It is always
next time...

My thanks to the management of WAEDC RTTY Contest for the hard work and to all
fellows who worked me and answered my calls. QTC is a good stuff. This is a
unique Contest with such an addition like QTC's. I calculated my score without
QTC's and found that I would show 945,000 points without QTC's. You can double
your result if you transmit/receive QTC's, guys - think about this.

See you in the next one.

73's Andrei NP3D