[3830] SS CW WI9WI Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] SS CW WI9WI Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:41:05 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  133
   40:  209
   20:  254
   15:   35
   10:    0
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Didn't quite make my goals of 100K and a sweep. For some reason I got a slow
start. After a reasonable first 3 hours, things got very slow. I couldn't crack
any kind of a 2 or 3 station pileup, and strong stations CQd in my face. At one
point I went almost 20 minutes without a QSO. I kept switching radios and
antennas but nothing worked. After a few hours things picked up, but by the
time I went to bed at 0900Z I was about 100 QSOs behind where I usually am
operating this one QRP. I made up some ground Sunday. I was able to use the
second radio fairly effectively during the day on 40 and 20.

Missed VE4 and NL. Heard a couple of VE4s S&P, but couldn't trap one. Never
heard NL in spite of looking for one nearly all day Sunday on the second radio.
Band conditions were very good, the low bands were very quiet.

Gear:
Radio 1: K-3
80: 2 el phased verticals, 260 ft inv V at 60 ft
40: 2 el at 95 ft
20: 4 el at 100 ft, C-3E at 65 ft, A-3 at 35 ft
15: C-3E, A-3

Radio 2: IC-765
80/40: OF 135 ft dipole at 45 ft
20/15: C-19 at 55 ft

Legacy Toshiba Laptop, WriteLog, DX-Doubler box

Good activity this time.

73

Jim