[3830] SS SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:21:04 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 12??

------------
  160:
   80:  103
   40:   42
   20:   44
   15:   22
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Condx weird during most of the time I was on.  Missed 5/9 of California Sections
and a bunch of other easy stuff (e.g., WI).  SSB is always a struggle from my
station.  ONLY answer to CQ was an ENY I attracted during a brief Es opening on
20M at 0220Z Monday (heard a WI S&P then, but could not attract him).

My Ham Radio open house brought KB3GJP from next door; WA3ENM (CK 48) from a
few doors past that; KB3VR from a mile away; and K3CU (CK 48)from a few blocks
away.  None of them got QRV in the SS.  Good reminiscences with the OT's.

K3CU is no longer active.  When I was in High School in this neighborhood he
was K3CUI, world reknowned for working USSR hams.  A high school ham buddy and
I got up the courage to knock on his door one day.  What a thrill as he took us
in and showed us his station! He had all kinds of Russian awards on his wall.

73, Art K3KU