[3830] SS SSB KH7XS(K4XS) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KH7XS(K4XS) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:32:26 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KH7XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Big Island
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:    7
   40:  968
   20:  628
   15:  823
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Started out with a limited SO2R arrangement, which quickly became close to
useless when the hard drive on the second xcvr computer decided to crap out and
operate sporadically and erratically, and eventually stopped allowing me to
enter QSOs.

Second year in a row in which I lost power in the third hour of the contest
resulting in 30 minutes forced off time.

The strategy for breaks I had planned to use quickly fell by the wayside when
conditions on 40 dictated more time on that band.  40 was nothing short of
amazing, with guys from the east coast calling in a 9:30 EST.  KP2 was last to
call in for a sweep around daybreak.

I had several 150 hours but there were no really outstanding hours...just lots
of 100+ hours.

In checking the early posts, it seems like there were lots of 2000+ scores.  It
should be interesting  to see if all the top ten is 2100+.